Welcome to Lakeview Church of the Nazarene
"LIFE CAN BE BETTER"
There can be no more optimistic statement than to say that life can be better.
This is the one desire of almost every human heart.
The sad truth is that far too many people have given up on this hope.
They have, sadly, resigned themselves to the false belief that this is all there is to life - that wherever they are now is where they are destined to be by fate or by accident.
But the hope that life can be better is the central message of the Bible.
It was Jesus' own expressed purpose, "I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
He gave his life on the cross so that our lives can be made better.
and he asked the father to make our lives better by the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit.
Lakeview Church of the Nazarene has accepted the challenge of continuing Christ's ministry of making life better for as many souls as we can touch in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina and beyond since 1953.
We believe that at Lakeview, you'll discover the truth that, in Christ, "Life Can Be Better!"
OUR SERVICE TIMES:
Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
Sunday Worship 11:00 a.m.
Sunday Evening 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday Bible Study and Prayer 6:30 p.m.
24 Nazarene Way, Waynesville, NC 28785 Phone: (828) 734-9206
For an interactive map CLICK HERE
Simply put, "Holiness is Christ-likeness". At Lakeview we desire to be like Christ and to encourage others to join in that endeavor.
A few facts about Lakeview:
· Established in 1953 in the town of Waynesville and soon moved to Hazelwood and later built a sanctuary on Maxwell Street.
· Moved to present location and changed name to Lakeview Church of the Nazarene in 1985.
· Part of the global Church of the Nazarene, www.nazarene.org
· The global Church of the Nazarene has 20,000+ sister congregations home to over 2 million fellow believers in 156+ countries.
· Lakeview is a member of the North Carolina District Church of the Nazarene www.ncnaz.org
· having 70+ churches; and around 7000 members
· To get a Nazarene perspective on what is happening in the World www.ncnnews.com
· Lakeview is on the Trevecca Nazarene University education region. www.trevecca.edu
· The Nazarene Publishing House is our main resource for curriculum, musical, and drama needs. www.nph.com
For a detailed description of what Nazarenes believe click
A Typical Week at Lakeview includes:
(except for 2nd Tuesday of the month, in which week the class is held on Monday)
Exercise Class, 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Led by Certified Zumba Instructor Brandi Moorefield
Including Praises and Prayers and Bible Study.
(See Above) at 5:30 p.m.
6-:15 - 7:15 p.m.
Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
Worship 11:00 a.m.
6:00 p.m.: Rev. Pullin is leading a study based on the book "Ashes to Fire" for the Period starting with Lent and ending with Pentecost.
WEEKLY SCHEDULE: Sunday School - 10:00 a.m.; Sunday Worship - 11:00 a.m.; Sunday Evening - 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday - 6:30 p.m. Coffee House (A Bible Study and Prayer time in our Fellowship Hall over coffee and finger foods.)