Welcome to Lakeview Church of the Nazarene
"LIFE CAN BE BETTER"
There can be no more optimistic statement than to say that life can be better. This is the one desire of almost every human heart. The sad truth is that far too many people have given up on this hope. They have sadly resigned themselves to the false belief that this is all there is to life - that wherever they are now is where they are destined to be by fate or accident. But the hope that life can be better is the central message of the cross of Jesus Christ. It was Jesus' own expressed purpose, "I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) He gave his life on the cross so that our lives can be made better by the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit.
Lakeview Church of the Nazarene is a "Holiness" Church in the "Wesleyan" tradition continuing Christ's ministry of making life better for as many souls as we can touch by making Christlike disciples of Jesus who go on to make Christlike disciples. We have been doing this in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina since 1953.
We believe that at Lakeview, you'll discover the truth that, in Christ, "Life Can Be Better!"
Simply put, "Holiness is Christ-likeness". At Lakeview we desire to be like Christ and to encurage others to join in that endeavor.
A few facts about Lakeview:
· Established in 1953 in the town of Waynesville and soon moved to Hazelwood and later built a sanctuary on Maxwell Street.
· Moved to present location and changed name to Lakeview Church of the Nazarene in 1985.
· Part of the global Church of the Nazarene, www.nazarene.org
· The global Church of the Nazarene has 20,000+ sister congregations home to over 2 million fellow believers in 156+ countries.
· Lakeview is a member of the North Carolina District Church of the Nazarene www.ncnaz.org
· having 70+ churches; and around 7000 members
· To get a Nazarene perspective on what is happening in the World www.ncnnews.com
· Lakeview is on the Trevecca Nazarene University education region. www.trevecca.edu
· The Nazarene Publishing House is our main resource for curriculum, musical, and drama needs. www.nph.com
For a detailed description of what Nazarenes believe click
A Typical Week at Lakeview includes:
(except for 2nd Tuesday of the month, in which week the class is held on Monday)
Exercise Class, 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Led by Certified Zumba Instructor Brandi Moorefield
Including Praises and Prayers and continuing our study of "THE STORY" a "36-week" chronological reading through the Bible
(See Above) at 5:30 p.m.
6-:15 - 7:15 p.m.
Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
Worship 11:00 a.m.
6:00 p.m.: Rev. Pullin is leading a study based on the book "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman
24 Nazarene Way, Waynesville, NC 28785
Just for You...Christmas Cantata
Ladies of Lakeview
Sunrise Karate Ministry
WEEKLY SCHEDULE: Sunday School - 10:00 a.m.; Sunday Worship - 11:00 a.m.; Sunday Evening - 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday - 6:30 p.m. Coffee House (A Bible Study and Prayer time in our Fellowship Hall over coffee and finger foods.)
Something to Ponder: "
He does much who loves much. He does much who does a thing well. He does well who serves the common good rather than his
-Thomas a' Kempis, The Imitation of Christ