Welcome to Lakeview!
Where we believe that with Jesus
"YOUR LIFE CAN BE BETTER"
the hope that life can be better is the central message of the Bible.
It was Jesus' own expressed purpose, "I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
He gave his life on the cross so that our lives can be made better.
and he asked the father to make our lives better by the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit.
Lakeview Church of the Nazarene has accepted the challenge of continuing Christ's ministry of making life better for as many souls as we can touch in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina and beyond since 1953.
We believe that at Lakeview, you'll discover the truth that, in Christ, "Life Can Be Better!"
OUR SERVICE TIMES:
Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
Sunday Worship 11:00 a.m.
Sunday Evening 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday Bible Study and Prayer 6:30 p.m.
24 Nazarene Way, Waynesville, NC 28785 Phone: (828) 734-9206
For an interactive map CLICK HERE
Simply put, "Holiness is Christ-likeness". At Lakeview we desire to be like Christ and to encourage others to join in that endeavor.
A few facts about Lakeview:
· Established in 1953 in the town of Waynesville and soon moved to Hazelwood and later built a sanctuary on Maxwell Street in Hazelwood. Hazelwood was later annexed into Waynesville.
· We moved to our present location adjacent Lake Junaluska and changed our name to Lakeview Church of the Nazarene in 1985.
· Lakeview is part of the global Church of the Nazarene, www.nazarene.org
· The global Church of the Nazarene has 20,000+ sister congregations home to over 2 million fellow believers in 156+ countries.
· Lakeview is a member of the North Carolina District Church of the Nazarene www.ncnaz.org
· The NC District Church of the Nazarene has 70 churches; and around 7000 members
· To get a Nazarene perspective on what is happening in the World www.ncnnews.com
· Lakeview is on the Trevecca Nazarene University (Southeastern U.S.A.) education region. www.trevecca.edu
· The Nazarene Publishing House is our main resource for curriculum, musical, and drama needs. www.nph.com
For a detailed description of what Nazarenes believe click HERE
A Typical Week at Lakeview includes:
(except for 2nd Tuesday of the month, in which week the class is held on Monday)
Exercise Class, 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Led by Certified Zumba Instructor Brandi Moorefield
Including Praises and Prayers and Bible Study.
(See Above) at 5:30 p.m.
6-:15 - 7:15 p.m.
Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
Worship 11:00 a.m.
6:00 p.m.: Rev. Pullin is leading a study based on the book "Who's Got Your Back" Leadership Lessons from the Relationships of David by Dr. Eddie Estep, the Superintendent of the South Carolina District Church of the Nazarene.
Just for You...Coffee House
Ladies of Lakeview
Sunrise Karate Ministry
WEEKLY SCHEDULE: Sunday School - 10:00 a.m.; Sunday Worship - 11:00 a.m.; Sunday Evening - 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday - 6:30 p.m. Coffee House (A Bible Study and Prayer time in our Fellowship Hall over coffee and finger foods.)